One of my favorite desserts of all time is cupcakes. What is better than a vegan cupcake that just melts in your mouth and can fulfill that sweet tooth craving that you've been having? The fact that these dulcet cupcakes are guilt-free and delicious makes going vegan a whole lot easier. Even though they are 100-percent vegan, you must always remember to eat in moderation.
Here are the tools to get started :
(makes 12 cupcakes)
- 1 cup organic soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, Dutch-processed or regular
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Vegan Frosting of Choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with decorative paper or foil liners (I use Star Wars or Spongebob).
- Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar in a large bowl, and set aside for a few minutes to curdle. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla extract to the soy milk mixture and beat until foamy. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add in the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until no large lumps remain (a few tiny lumps are OK).
- Pour into your decorative liners. Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Check to see if your cupcakes are done by inserting a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean. Take your cupcakes out of the oven and let cool completely. Once they are cool, you can add your vegan frosting of choice and enjoy your amazing "Sweet Lovin'" Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes.