Product Description: "You already know it and your hair can feel it! CoWashing is the way to cleanse your hair most of the time. This light no-suds conditioning cream gently removes residue including all of the things you've used to style and maintain your coils and curls. Now it's time for a sparkling new beginning.
This cowash is different from any other because it contains a special blend of natural ingredients that work to promote healthy hair growth from the follicular level."
Size: 16 oz/454 g Price: $8.00(online), $7.19 (Sally Beauty Supply)
What Does It Do?:
- Spreads easily throughout hair
- Gently cleanses hair and scalp
- Maintains moisture, adds more moisture and helps hair retain moisture until your next cleanse.
- Makes detangling a breeze
- Rinses easily from hair.
- Helps promote a healthy environment for hair growth
- Gentle enough for daily use. Safe for color-treated hair
Key Ingredients: Tangerine, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Saw Palmetto and Phytosterols
Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cetyl Alcohol², Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol², PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearlkonium chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil², Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹, Phytosterols¹, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract¹, Quaternium-18, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone. Source: 1-Natural, 2-Coconut
How To Use It:
- Wet hair thoroughly
- Rub a liberal amount within palms and distribute throughout hair
- Work product through hair and massage scalp with fingertips as you would a conventional shampoo
- Carefully detangle hair with a wide-tooth comb
- Rinse well
- Repeat only if necessary to remove excessive product build up or for further scalp cleansing.
- Follow with conditioning. Use either As I Am® Hydration Elation® Intensive Conditioning Treatment or As I Am® Leave-In Conditioner.
I never used cowash until today. I was told that co-washing with actual co-wash, instead of regular conditioner, is better for your hair. When co-washing with co-wash, it cleanses all of the build up from your scalp and gives you that deep clean that shampoo gives you without stripping and drying out your hair. Since I love trying out new products for my hair, I decided to test it out and chose the As I Am brand.
I bought my As I Am Coconut CoWash from Sally Beauty Supply store for $7.19. I was surprised and happy that it came to that price because I expected a cowash to be a little more on the expensive side, especially because of the size.
The smell of the product is amazing! It smells like citrus and coconuts. It is very lightweight and it has a soft touch to it. You can tell that it is "water-based" because of the way it slides off of your hands, which is good for moisture retention.
When I used it, I massaged it into my scalp and started working it throughout my hair by detangling it with my fingers. After detangling, I let it sit for a few minutes and allowed the water to run through my hair to get rid of all the access dirt.
Once the product was rinsed out of my hair, my curls felt instantly moisturized. My scalp feels extremely clean after performing the process once. It also made my curls feel softer and more defined.
5 --- My hair feels amazing after each use. My scalp and hair feel clean without that stripped feeling. LOVE IT!
Make sure you check out As I Am for more of their products, styling tips, "Glossary of Natural Hair Care Terms," and store locator. If you would like to add your thoughts about the As I Am's Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner, feel free to comment below.