HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY BEAUTIFUL SOULS! New year means new goals and even newer challenges. Since it is officially 2015, I decided to do a "New Year, No Heat Challenge" with all of you! I tried to do without heat this past year, but I ended up straightening my hair about three times. THE ULTIMATE FAIL! I KNOW! Join me this year to see how your hair changes and reap the benefits of this challenge.
Benefits of doing this challenge
1. During this process of illumination, you also go through the process of appreciation.
You learn how to embrace and love the texture of your hair and what it needs in order for it to be healthy. You begin to master different, heatless hairstyles that you would have NEVER tried before and you learn how to have fun with your hair.
2. GROWTH! GROWTH! GROWTH!
YES! Your hair will retain length. Your hair needs lots of moisture in order for it to grow. While constantly blowdrying and straightening your hair, it gets harder for your locks to stay moisturized. Without heat, you'll experience less split ends, less breakage, and less stress on your strands.
3. Healthy hair is happy hair.
Constant use of direct heat thins out your hair because of the the severe damage it creates. While participating in this challenge, you will witness your hair growing thicker, fuller and healthier.
Here are the rules:
1. Give a friend or family member your heating tools to hide or keep so that you aren't tempted to use them. Air drying will become your best friend during this process.
2. Remember, you can't revert existing heat damage! In order to get rid of it, you'll have to cut it off and start from scratch.
3. DRINK. MORE. WATER. 8 cups a day to be exact.
4. Educate yourself about your hair texture. Stalk your favorite blogger/youtuber and learn how to take care of your hair.
5. Enjoy the journey, get through it and don't panic! If it's too stressful, do the challenge with a friend!
Try the challenge for 30 days and you'll see that it's not as hard as you thought it would be. Mix it up! Try different protective and heatless styles along with me on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram and watch the transformation.
I want to hear all about the different styles you're trying and about your journey! Comment, email, or send me your stories on Facebook or Instagram. Make sure you tag and share them with #heythatsjazNOHEAT.